Monday, August 2, 2010

Week Number 4


There was a little bit of change for Using and Developing Resources for ESL Primary Classroom class for this fourth week. Rather than at 10 o’clock, the class began earlier at 9.30 am and for today, we continued with another four groups, my group included, presenting their power points. The presentations were pretty useful and beneficial for us because it taught us about the best ways and methods that can be used aside from understanding what would come about when working with young language learners.

After that, we were taught on how to use search engine for the purpose of downloading songs and for this, we were asked to download one of the hottest hit nowadays, Waka Waka by Shakira. It was a quite new experience for me as before this, I only asked my friends to download songs for me or use certain softwares like Ares and Limewire to download them, so using search engines like Yahoo and Google was a really new thing for me. It was pretty hard for me initially, however, with the help from my classmates, the song, its lyrics as well as its video were downloaded successfully.

All these three things then have to be sent to Puan Foziah’s e-mail. Then came the most exciting part when were taught on how to print the screen, copy things that are displayed on the monitor, and paste them on power points or Microsoft Office Word.

For this particular assignment, we were required to make slides on how to download song, thing that we just learnt and burn them on the CD. It excited me really because I heard that this task was quite difficult for some, and been able to do this with just one click was a triumph for me!!! =p

Here are some of the results of my learning on that day:







No comments:

Post a Comment