Saturday, August 28, 2010

Week Number 5





>
As long as I can remember, this was the first time our learning in this course really came and went back to school things again. Eventhough it had been after several weeks, I was glad to make a ‘’come back to school” because at least, it made me understand why I am taking this course as I had found out the relation between this subject and education in school at last.

At first, we were divided into several groups and been assigned with a task to look for Year 5 textbook and printed out the topics from the book. Then, we were asked to find a pair each, and to make things a little bit complicated, we MUST have a female partner if I am a male, and a male partner if you are a female.


Unluckily, the number of boys and girls are not balanced and as a result, I have to stick with my usual partner, Husni, and, he is a BOY. For this pair thing, we were required to look for resources from the Internet and combine all them to create a lesson that can be used in the classroom. Sounds easy, right? But actually, it was not! This is because for this particular assignment, we must integrate our resources with ICT or in the other word, technology. As a result, it makes this task a little bit harder as before this, during my years in Maktab, ICT is not a MUST for our teaching aids, so entering this course and integrate a lot with ICT, is something new to me, moreover, I am not so called ICT savvy individual.

For this assignment, we got three topics which are generally about sunshine and rain; traditional culture; and exchanging message. Besides looking for resources, after that, we had to fill a template on what are the resources selected as well as its rationale. All in all, it was a challenging task for me and my partner, though with such a hardwork, we escaped. =p



No comments:

Post a Comment